View Single Post
(#9 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 10-30-2007, 08:24 AM

My parents were strict on some things and easy about others. I wasn't allowed to date til they considered me responsible enough; ie, I had to keep to their rules about always ringing up if I went out with friends and was going to be late, and helping around the house; things like that. I had my first boyf at 15, and that wasn't serious. I didn't have a curfew as such, but if I did come in later than 10 (when they went to bed) I had to be dead silent and not wake them up.

They let me dress how I liked, and wear makeup; but they banned chewing gum from the house, wouldn't let me drink fizzy cept on weekends, and rationed TV. As a child, I was encouraged to go out and play with friends on the green rather than sit in front of the TV the whole time. They also kept me in line in public; I knew that if I misbehaved, I'd get it in the neck from both Mum and Dad.

Mum also used to say frequently, "My house, my rules. When you leave home, you can do what you like." XD As soon as I did, I could; but, a lot of the things she used to hammer home remain.

Last edited by Miranda_ : 07-11-2010 at 12:31 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!