View Single Post
(#1 (permalink))
Old
playinwlightnin (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: Not Rated
Default Giving Blood - 10-12-2007, 07:35 PM

as many of you have noticed, I have a little blinkie in my sig that says 'givblood'. You've probably figured out I am a donor. Every day some one has surgery, is in a major accident, or is very sick & requires a pint or several pints of blood. But this is not possible with out donation.
  • You must be 17 yrs old or older.
  • If you just got a tattoo wait a bout 72 hours (3 days) or more before donating.
  • You can also help lower someones hospital bill by donating blood or platelets, Platelets do take longer You also have to be there blood type (that you can find out from your doctor )
There is an 8 gauge needle involved, not my favorite part but so worth it.
8 gauge isn't painful but it is uncomfortable at first, Also you may get lightheaded or sick on your first few times donating. Ask for ice which will be placed on your chest, & back when you start feeling nauseous.

I hope for the ones who are able are inspired to donate. Something else for those of you who live in cities like Atlanta, LA, NY ect. in a few weeks Saw 4 will be out they also do a blood drive opening weekend the blood dose go out to the local hospital & facilaties that use it so go help.

& If any one would like this blikie for them self pm me.

Remember: Give Blood = Give Life
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!