(#2 (permalink))
Old
Silver_Wolf_Kitty (Offline)
Super Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 36 Votes / 3.83 Average
Default 10-06-2007, 09:19 PM

FAQ 1.3-Forum/Site Rules
Q: [Insert member name] is harassing me/sending me obscene pictures/asking me to meet them through PM. What do I do? Who do I contact?
A: If you or another member are having problems with a fellow member, immediately contact a moderator or administrator through PM with the message you have been sent or post directed towards you. There will just about always be a moderator or adminstrator on who will be able to help you. We also ask that you do not respond because it will only complicate matters as we deal with the issue.

If someone is asking you for personal information or a meeting, immediately contact us! This person is most likely a predator and responding to them only fuels their desire, as well as marks you as an available topic. We want to keep you safe, so if anyone, be it a "friend" you've known for a month or two or that guy you just met on avatar chat, asks you for information, you have to let us know.

Q: What is Gravedigging? When is Gravedigging acceptable?
A: Gravedigging is posting in an old topic, usually a few months to a few years old. Gravedigging is only acceptable when you have something to contribute to the topic. An example of what is unacceptable is just writing "lol" or "I agree". This posts will simply be deleted or the topic locked to avoid further spamming.

Q: Someone is spamming the forums! What do I do?
A: First off, you do NOT reply to it. By replying to it, you just give us double the work. You should copy the link to the post/topic in question and send it to the moderator(s) of the forum. Your other option is to click the report option in the right hand corner of your post.

Q: A Moderator was mean to me! What should I do?
A: I included this separately because too many people have misconceptions about the moderators here. By no means are we required to be nice to you, although we try our hardest to be polite and helpful. Also, just because you think we're being "mean" doesn't mean we are. No moderator is going to blatantly attack you and anything you construe as an attack is probably a misunderstanding.

If a moderator does harass you or attack you, you need to contact another moderator with copies of these attacks. We do not condone such actions and will address such an issue immediately. HOWEVER, this does not mean you are instantly right or that what you thought was an attack was an attack. We have never had a problem with moderators acting in this manner and I find it less likely we are going to start now.

Q: A moderator left a warning on my profile, and I've kept the rules since then. Can I get it removed?
A: First of all, under no circumstances must you EVER delete a mod warning. Doing this will earn you an automatic infraction. Second, if the warning has been up there for at least two weeks, and you have kept the rules in the meantime, you may PM the mod who left it there ONCE, politely, and ask them to remove it. Don't badger the mod with continuous messages; this will simply get you into trouble as harrassment is against forum rules.

Q: I noticed that a friend of mine has mod warnings on her profile, but they are marked permanent. Why is this?
A: Permanent warnings are only given out if users are either breaking serious rules, such as trolling, or are harrassing the forum staff about comment warning removal. We only resort to this step as a last resort; as long as users are polite when they ask for comment warning removal, then there won't be any problems. However, constant harrassment thru profile comments, PM, DM or in topics posted on the forums will result in any warnings left on your profile to be marked as permanent. This means that they can never be removed, and anyone who deletes them will be temp banned.

Q: What're the basic rules of The Doll Palace?
A: To find out the basic rules of The Doll Palace, read the Terms of Service, which is accessible at the bottom of the front page("Terms & Conditions") or check stickied topics regarding rules, which can be found at the top of most boards here on the forums. Another helpful place to check is the Forum FAQ or even here in this topic.

Q: My thread about how I was raped/molested/pregnant/etc was deleted! Why?
A: While we understand some members suffer from things like this, they certainly aren't going to go around proclaiming it to people they don't know. All threads like this are being deleted because they are disrespectful to people who have suffered from it and we also do not encourage attention seeking. If you are seriously looking for advice, then say so in a non-emotional matter. maybe then we'll be inclined to believe you.

Q: I heard there is a limit on profile comments. What is this about?
A: We decided to begin limiting profile comments recently, mainly because of the massive amount of space they were beginning to take up. No profile is allowed to have comments exceeding 10 pages. If yours does, you will first be warned by us and given a reasonable amount of time to delete them. If you fail to do so, you will be banned temporarily. The time is dependent upon how many pages over you went and if you are a repeat offender.

Q: There are rules about signatures?! What do you mean?
A: Signatures are limited to a size of about 450 x 200 pixels(which can be seen below). This includes images AND text. Anything above this size will be deleted after a warning. Also, overly animated signatures are not allowed. This includes signatures with multiple, fast moving animations. The only time where they are acceptable is if they are slow and not atrocious colours that can cause seizures.

FAQ 1.4-Misc.
Q: How can I upload images?
A: First, the image must be saved on your computer(see below for more information). Once you have done that, you go to a site such as photobucket or ImageShack® - Hosting. Once you have found a site(some will require you to sign up for it), all you need to do next is follow the site instructions. To place it in your avatar or signature, see above or below.

-Your Friendly Neighborhood Moderator,
Kitty

Av & Sig Credit: Me

Last edited by Miranda_ : 04-21-2009 at 02:49 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!