(#7 (permalink))
Old
Silver_Wolf_Kitty (Offline)
Super Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 36 Votes / 3.83 Average
Default 08-12-2007, 08:01 PM

Quote:
An ovarian cyst is any collection of fluid, surrounded by a very thin wall, within an ovary. Any ovarian follicle that is larger than about two centimeters is termed an ovarian cyst. An ovarian cyst can be as small as a pea, or as large as a grapefruit.
Most ovarian cysts are functional in nature, and harmless (benign).[1] In the US ovarian cysts are found in nearly all premenopausal women, and in up to 14.8% of postmenopausal women. The incidence of ovarian carcinoma is approximately 15 cases per 100,000 women per year.[2]
Ovarian cysts affect women of all ages. They occur most often, however, during a woman's childbearing years.
Some ovarian cysts cause problems, such as bleeding and pain. Surgery may be required to remove those cysts.
I found this here: Ovarian cyst - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. There are also some treatment options included which don't involve surgery and might be a good idea to try until surgery is possible to remove it.

As for other cysts, my now ex-step-sister had a really nasty one on her ear that formed partially due to an infection/a bad reaction to gold. I believe the doctor just gave her medicine then, but I will admit I have never had one personally and don't know much about it.

Av & Sig Credit: Me
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!