View Single Post
(#27 (permalink))
Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Rating: 4 Votes / 4.75 Average
Default 08-08-2007, 08:03 PM

Tina's mom awoke on the couch, her daughter bent over her, her brow furrowed in worry. "Oh, Tina..." Her mom started. "Tina, I had this dream where you- you were holding that blasted swor- I mean, a sword, and it was glowing in your hands."

Tina helped her mom sit up. "Mom."

"Huh?" Her mom asked, still alittle out of it.

Tina lifted up the sword in her hand, and though it was still glowing, the light was now faint. "That wasn't a dream." Tina's mom started to hyperventalate, and Tina grabbed her shoulders after setting the blasted blade back down. "Mom, mom, stay with me, here."

"I'm sorry, Tina, I-"

"Mom." Tina said, cutting her off. "Tell m what the hell is going on. Why does that sword glow? Why did you have it?"

Tina's mom laughed sadly. "That- that THING is why I quit archaeology." She took a deep breath, and a sinlge tear rolled down her cheek. "Let me tell you the story; you're old enough to know." And so, Clarie launched off into a detailed acoount of that day in the Mayan temple, that fateful day when she'd released something way above her own understanding.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!