View Single Post
(#9 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Online)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 07-15-2007, 02:55 PM

Never done it, but I've studied art; and there are a lot of very good paintings that are of nudes. Basically, the human body is a thing of beauty if you look at it from an artist's point of view, and I see nothing wrong in allowing a painter to paint it.

Two interesting things; firstly, if you're into anime and have ever watched Elfen Lied, you know the pictures in the title that come up to the Lilium song? Those are based on actual paintings; one is called The Kiss but I can't remember the others. (If anyone else knows, feel free to fill in the gaps) The original paintings are to me beautiful, as are the anime versions. Yes, it's nudity, but there's nothing dirty or disgusting about it. That attitude to me belongs to the Dark Ages or the more intolerant religions.

Second, there is also the painting where the model allows the artist to paint her skin. That too is artistic and very interesting in the way that patterns and pictures are painted on to bare skin, or painted clothes that look like clothes.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!