View Single Post
(#6 (permalink))
Old
CJ_AG_W89 (Offline)
Forum Contributor

Rating: Not Rated
Default 06-11-2007, 07:35 PM

Doctor Who is the longest running science fiction television series in the world. Originally it ran from 1963 to 89, had a tv film in 96 and relaunched in 2005.

The doctor, described as a curious, eccentric alien traveller, shares his adventures in space and time with a up t 3 companions, and has done since 1963. More than 35 actos have played his companion, and his current companion is called Martha Jones played by Freema Agyeman.

There have been 10 official doctors in the series (nine regenerations - what the time lord does instead of die, allowing for the series to continue for so long) though more actors have played the doctor - mostly just once. A time lord is a humanoid alien that has the ability to live forever - they regenerate when their bodies become too old or mortally wounded. They are thought to be one of the oldest races in the Doctor Who universe, they are aloof, pompus and full of ceremony.They are a higly intelligent and techologically advanced race.

The blue box or time machine, is called a TARDIS, an acronym or Time And Relative Dimension(s) In Space. A product of Time Lord technology, a properly maintained and piloted TARDIS can transport its occupants to any point in Time and Space. The interior of a TARDIS is much larger than its exterior "dimensionally transcendental". It is meant to have a chameleon exterior, but the Doctor's Tardis is a stolen, unreliable shape which has a stuck chameleon circuit and is contastly in the shape of a 1950's London police call box.

TARDISes are grown not made and among other things draw their engergy from a black hole. A TARDIS has the ability to travel in space and time (and, on occasion, to other dimensions). The tardis has a vast number of interior rooms, including a bathroom with a swimming pool, medical bay, art gallery, wardrobe, attic and a completely sheilded chamber - the Zero room.

The TARDIS also grants its passengers the ability to understand and speak other languages, it is often said to be "alive" and seems to have a mind of it's own. It is intelligent and shares a bond with those who travel in it. The doctor is an integral part of how the TARDIS works and communicates with others.

So now I've showed off my geekiness. And btw Wikipedia, even better at this than me.

Umm did you like the episode Blink? And I totally agree it's going too fast, but Jack's back. The next episode looks really good, I hope it's as good as it seems in the previews That'll keep me happy until 2008 then Torchwood is back (woo more Tosh).

Beware the weeping angels.

"Don't blink. Don't even blink.
Blink and you're dead.
They are fast, faster than you could believe,
Don't turn your back, don't look away, and don't blink.
Good Luck."

The Doctor, Blink.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!