(#11 (permalink))
Old
xJESSiCA (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Rating: 26 Votes / 3.54 Average
Default 04-13-2007, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Hmmm...I don't know. Workplaces are for proffessionals. I don't think students have to be. I think they need the attitude and determination of proffessionals to do well, but I don't think they have to be proffessionals.

Wow...I don't know what I think about uniforms anymore. There's pros and cons. I guess it's up the school. I know I'd be pretty much indifferent to them, but it's a rather complicated issue. So many other arguments (and I mean the constructive kind) can be raised when you start talking about uniforms. Individuality, self-expression, freedom...it all gets jumbled up.
No, they need to look professional. Just look professional, not be professional.

And self-expression should not be through clothes. That can lead to skimpy things, to show that they (the wearer) is better than everyone else, because that is the attitude most adapt when wearing such clothing. You should express yourself through your actions. You are not your clothes. You are you, and it is simple as that.

At least here, you buy certain things for an outfit (for Silent_Wolf's argument). TCA (a private school here) just has to wear black shoes, blue, red, and/or black. They get to buy the stuff, and the nicer things tend to last longer, at least for me, because the makers know that it needs to not only look nice and professional, but feel nice and strong and not easy to fall apart.

Last edited by Silver_Wolf_Kitty : 12-10-2007 at 04:57 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!