(#2 (permalink))
Old
tjsgrl01 (Offline)
Addict

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: Not Rated
Send a message via AIM to tjsgrl01
Default 03-12-2007, 09:59 PM

Umm, you should really ask your mom, aunt, older sister or someone like that, but I'll do my best. Scientificaly, your period occurs when your body is able to reproduce and have children (that of course, does not mean YOU are ready..). Every month your ovaries release an egg into your uterus, but when there is no sperm to fertilize it, a.k.a when your not ready, your body sheds a 'nest' made of blood and nutrients that it had inside your uterus all ready and nice in the even that a baby were to grow there.
Ok, now the actuality of what you will be going through, everyone is differnt. Some people get horrid cramps every time, some people get them sometimes, some people get super moody, and some aren't much affected. It all depends on..well it's actuallly just pretty random. If you use pads, as Madeline_05 said, change it often. Or at least when it looks like it needs chaning or feels icky. Even when its a brand new pad though, it's most likely going to feel like a diaper, they aren't very comfortable. I personally like tampons, because I find them to be a whole lot easier. And they do seem scary at first, but I promise that if you put them in correctly you can't even feel them. I don't know how old you are, so maybe right now your not comfortable with sticking things up there, but when you get a bit older and feel comfortable with it, tampons will make your period soo much simpler. But make sure you change them every 4-8 hours. Any longer than that and your at risk for TSS (toxic shock syndrome). It's rare but it can possibly kill you. Not to freak you out or anything, as I said, just change it often and you don't have to worry about it. That's the basic stuff I can think of for right now... if you have a question message me.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!