View Single Post
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 18 Votes / 4.56 Average
Default 12-29-2006, 09:30 AM

The nighttime sky was dark and moonless, clouds hiding most of the little white stars that hung motionless in space. Streetlights turned normal things into devil shadows that seemed to dance in the pitch blackness of midnight, and druggies and drug dealers stalked in shadow, almost invisible.

Somewhere near this misbegotten street, there're the sounds of heavy gunfire echoing around the complex, yells and a few screams following the relentless music of the bullets hitting metal and wall. Soon, the sounds stopped, and the police filed out, not happy with their job. Their target now lay in a lifeless heap, bullet wounds peppering its skin.

It.

It.

It.

That was all they called the freaks that littered the city now. There were no male or female freaks; they were only 'its' in their eyes. Some of them they took to the station to test; others they killed.

The form fell into dust, the powder clouding up slightly before floating back into the pile.

~~~~

In the basement of the building, there was a quiet slithering in the shadows. The lights were all broken or off, and if there was anyone there, they couldn't see the form slipping up the set of stairs. It slipped out into the dark streets and seemed to stand, looking around. Dark red strands of hair fell into deep amber eyes that were shaped like almonds, skin pale as snow glinting softly in the moonlight.

After a few minutes, she slithered into another building, curling up in a corner and hiding, her head against whatever her knees were. Her oddly curled ears could hear something in the same building, but she disregarded it.

I stare at the girl in the mirror: T-shirt, torn up jeans, no beauty queen.
But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;
Make it feel the way it's supposed to be!

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!