Old
sarika2004 (Offline)
Silent

Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Rating: 4 Votes / 4.75 Average
Send a message via MSN to sarika2004
Default 12-09-2006, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Depression actually runs in my family. I haven't been diagnosed or anything, but my cousin, my aunt, and my mom all have it and are all on medication. I don't want to believe that I may have it as well, but the way I've been for the last year or so has been hard. I've been frequently go through periods of complete hatred of myself, that I'm just this complete idiot, and that everything I've done and said is just totally stupid. They're just these random incredibly low spots. I haven't mentioned any of this to my parents or friends so ..yeah its kinda hard posting a bit of this...
You shouldn't feel that way, and I know it's hard to talk about it - you're very brave. But you should really tell your mom, she would understand what you're going through and I'm sure that she would want to help you and not see you suffer. I hope you'll be able to share what you have just shared with us to your loved ones, even if it's hard to see they do still care.

Quote:
My friend started cutting. I gat so mad, she had no reason at all what so ever to cut. Her life is just fine, and i didn't understand. One day we were laughing at spongebob the next... well, things just got different when we went to middle school. She still did all the fun things she used to do, still laughed, but got new interests. She wasn't depressed. Why cut?
I got so scared when she told me, so I told my parents. Her family is really close to mine, so my parents told hers. She still hates me (it happened a while after school started). She told our best friend i was immature. She said i don't understand. But their is nothing wrong. It was just like she went to middle school and met some new people. "Bam!" she's a stranger. Her parents don't even like me now.
I really want to help her. I get so scared I will lose her. Is their something I don't get? Am I really that immature? Because you guys know what it is like to go through the things she is, what would you want your friend to do to help?
It must have been a scary ordeal for you, but telling someone immediatly was not the best path. Even though she may seem like she's fine, inside it's a cry for help. Now, I'm not saying you're a bad friend because you seem like someone who would be great, but your friend needs someone she can confide in. Right now, she probably doesn't want to talk to you, but don't give up keep trying to talk to her and even though you did the right thing appologize for it. Say something along the lines of "I'm sorry I told someone about your cutting, but I was so concerned about you, please forgive me. And I also want to let you know that whatever you say now you can trust me not to repeat." It might take some time but I'm pretty sure that she will learn to trust you again. Also, if she starts to confide in you, make sure you don't tell anyone. The only exception is if she's thinking about going to hurt herself or others. You have to try to understand her, and although it's hard, just stay with her she needs your support.

Quote:
Thanks for sharing.

I was diagnosed with depression when I was about 12/13 years old. I tried committing suicide 4 times since I was 10 that has landed me in the hospital each time. The root of my depression has been there since I was born. I was born to a mother who didnt care for me, never wanted me, and did nothing for me. I learned how to do everything by myself by the time I was 6 and was an "adult" since then. I was a heavy drug user and partyer since I was very young. I got pregnant at fourteen which did no help; I resented my daughter for months after she was born, blaming my problems on her. When my daughter was 5 months I started to get my life back on track. When I became pregnant with my son in 2004 I decided to do something about my life but it wasnt until I found out I was pregnant with my youngest daughter I did something. I started going to more therapy and got off my medication so that I could have a happy pregnancy and be able to breastfeed my daughter.

Being able to say something is the matter is a huge accomplishment; at least I know for me it was and im proud of each and everyone of you ladies who have been able to share your story with confidence.

I wish you all the best of luck and wish you a Merry Christmas!
Your story touched my heart, not to say the others didn't but you got help so you could better the life of your children. It seriously brings a tear to my eye. I'm sure that people who are reading this will find your story such an inspiration, it shows that even though we may think depression will never end that it can and things can and do get better.

Thank you and Happy Holidays to you as well.

Your sarcastic, spazzy, and smexy lover!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!