View Single Post
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 18 Votes / 4.56 Average
Default {ANOTHER RP! X_X} Condemned: Criminal Facts - 06-06-2006, 01:13 PM

I was sitting here, a-mindin' my own business, and yes, this has a plot, an enemy, a goal, yadda yadda bingbing, the whole shebang. -_- Inspired by BYOB by System of a Down and Condemned: Criminal Origins, a game. Lookie it up! It's fuun. ^_^ Somewhat of a cross between Condemned and Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ever since Ethan Thomas became The Hate, hate itself has spread throughout Marcus City. More and more things go wrong, and soon, the city lives under fear from the cult that started it all: The Cobras. No, they're not the same ones from the incident back before the Cold War ended. These are different.

The FBI has no files on them, but similar individuals have been sighted throughout the city. Each has four powers, one always being telepathy and the second always being the ability to see things that happened in the past or as things were before the time they were there; however, you can't totally control these. The others develop due to a strange sonar radiation, and tend to go out of wack when the Hate is nearby. Fair warning: he is deadly and armed.

When Ethan Thomas foiled the cult's original plan, they decided to alter their back up. Instead of using the FBI's special agents, the ones whose files usually are hard to get due to their filing - Usually code Black - they decided to recruit some of the young people from the city. The ones who have powers.

The ones who could change the fate of the city- and the world.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Normally, I'm okay with one-line. But pleaaase try to post what they're doing when they talk. X_x
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

23-year-old FBI Forensic Agent Kayte Thomas flipped her white-blond hair over her shoulder as she half-jogged down the street to where a strip of yellow police tape was stretched across the entrance to a minimall, and she ducked under it, her icy blue eyes looking around. The mall had been closed for months, and it was already falling apart. Dummies from the department stores lined the walls haphazardly, some leaning on each other from lack of a limb or two.

She flipped the switch on her flashlight on when one of her superior officers approached and said, "Bout time you got here. This un's a doozy. Five people dead; there's metal and blood everywhere."

She followd him to the arcade, and she swallowed before taking out her laser light, aiming the small green cone of light at one of the nearer corpses. It was male, with red hair and blue eyes. He was missing his right index finger. Just like the other murders then... A bright green color caught her eye, and she pulled out her digital camera and aimed at the boy's neck, where a single bright green handprint stood out among the dark red bloodstain from a nasty broken nose. She snapped the photo, and Rosa, the forensic scientist back at headquarters, said over the girl's headphone/cellphone set, "Kayte, you're not gonna like this. The fingerprints-"

"Match Ethan Thomas's. I'm not dumb, you know."

There were similar wounds on the other four corpses, but one had an extremely odd wound. Her lips had been torn clean off, showing nothing but teeth and torn tissues. She pulled out her 3D scanner and zoomed in on the mess, and clicked the button.

Rosa beeped the phone, and said, "This is too familiar. The last person to actually tear lips off was the Torturer, or Carl Anderson. He was the one who killed Samuel Tibbits, his own gym teacher."

Kayte was quiet for a moment, and shined her UV light on the wall. A bright whitish purple glared at her, and as she moved the light down the wall, she saw that the blood formed words. "Guys, get the bigger camera and snap this."

She stood back, and with the help of a second UV light, found that the blood smears formed the words: "SORROW. HATE. FEAR. MALICE. PAIN. NONE OF US ARE THE SAME."

It had become a true trademark of the cult. And it worried her.
----

That night, she went to the movies to catch at least a short break, and she held her head as a headache came on without warning. Dammit... A shadowy form appeared only to her, or so she thought, and walked through a nearby wall, vanishing gradually. She straightened up, and said to the cashier, who was looking at her worriedly, "I'm fine; migranes." She sat down on a bench with her ticket, staring at her feet.
~~~~~~~~~~~~

The forensic tools you can use are as follows (These are directly from the book of Condemned: Criminal Origins.)

Detection Tools

UV Light- The UV Light's primary function is to detect traces of blood visible and invisible to the naked eye, causing it to stand out brightly if within the light range of the device. It will illuminate the immediate area directly ahead with a purplish light.

Laser Light- The Laser Light device produces a relatively small cone of light that's greenish in color. It's capable of illuminating latent pieces of evidence invisible to the naked eye, causing it to stand out brightly if within the light range of the device. Examples of evidence: Fingerprints, footprints, fibers, fluids, particles, residues, markings/engravings.

^Both of those tools' performance depends on light. Darker areas work best.

Gas Spectrometer
- The Gas Spectrometer monitors the presence of a foreign substance in the air, displaying its concentration in a meter. The player (that's you) can use the meter to track down the pollutant's source, such as fumes) most notably methane gas emitted by decaying flesh.

Collection Tools

Sampler
- The Sampler evaluates the chemical makeup of a piece of evidence and transmits that back to the lab for identification and evaluation. Examples of evidence: Material, residues, temperature, particles, fluids, fibers.

3D Scanner- The 3D Scanner capture the three dimensional aspect of evidence and transmits the info back to the lab. Examples of evidence: Imprint, wound, small object, fingerprint.

Digital Camera- The Digital Camera is used to capture images that are transmitted back to the lab for evaluation. Examples: Crime scene/Environment, body or body parts, blood spatter, documents.

Continue, if you dare to delve into one of the most crime-ridden cities.

I stare at the girl in the mirror: T-shirt, torn up jeans, no beauty queen.
But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;
Make it feel the way it's supposed to be!

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!