View Single Post
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 18 Votes / 4.56 Average
Default 02-10-2006, 10:56 AM

Raindrops pounded against the glass roof of the large, dome-shaped auditorium, making many of the canine and feline half-breeds wince at the noise. A few of the reptillian half-breeds whipped their tales back and forth warily, a rattlesnake or two shaking the ends in the hopes they wouldn't be sold. The auditorium, on the inside, was dimly lit to hide the many bruises of the 'monsters' on the stage and the fact that they were all in poor condition. The only lights came from torches that lined the walls, making shadows dance to some hypnotic music only they could hear.

Lightning flashed and thunder clapped as a lone form walked casually onto the stage, swinging what looked like a whip. The person's feminine figure was emphasized in the flash of lightning, revealing bright blue eyes, a very white smile, snow-tint skin, and wavy brown hair.

"Welcome to our auction." Her voice boomed out of the speakers due to the mircophone she was wearing around her mouth. Glancing out of the corner of her eye and seeing many of the half-breeds wince at it, she smirked. "We have quite a selection today. Many of you are in luck. Pull up the first one, Harlo."

Harlo, a burly man with short hair somehow long enough to be put into a rattail and dull gray eyes, nodded, and grabbed one of the ropes. The figure at the front of the line tripped up the stairs, much to the amusement of the crowd, and another bright lightning bolt revealed the form to be female as well, though nowhere near as attractive due to many bruises and wounds, as well as the obviousness of not being allowed to bathe in weeks. Her waist-length gold hair, normally beautiful and shimmering, hung lankly around her bowed head, her cat ears bent in embarrassment. A pair of torn denim jeans clung tightly around her waist due to a black woven belt holding them there, and a clean white short tanktop hung limply from her slouched and thin shoulders. It was obvious they'd forced her to either wear that or nothing at all.

"We'll start the bidding at... say, a thousand pounds?"

I stare at the girl in the mirror: T-shirt, torn up jeans, no beauty queen.
But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;
Make it feel the way it's supposed to be!

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!