What are the biggest fashion faux-pas? What would you rather die than wear this summer? What should you avoid all year 'round? Read on to find out what works, and what doesn't. By Penyie, Fashion Plate and Runway Godess
So, here goes my list of the top ten fashion no-nos. And when I say no-nos, I mean no-nos. You could be caught by the fashion police if an officer sees you violating any of these style crimes!
1. Too-small/big clotthes. It never looks good to spoil perfectly good clothes like that! I mean, you always must buy clothes in your size. You will feel comfier and look better. Rule of the thumb: If it doesn't come in your size, leave it for the flies! Well, that's one of my many mantras, anyway!
2. So-yesterday clothes! Ugh! This is the BIGGEST, WORST, crime against style you can commit! Unless retro is in, of course, then you may wear what you saw on the Runway LAST MONTH. If retro is OUT, you cannot wear it...no matter what!
3. Winter Clothes (In summer). Ack! How can you do this to yourselves! Worse than being too hot, it's soooo two seasons ago! Please refer to 'Penyie's Summer Style Tips' for some casual summer attire tips!
4. Tourist shirts- I heard, like, a rumor that they are coming back in, but it's just a rumor. You never want to be seen in a tourist shirt. They make good pyjamas for normal people, though (I much prefer my silk nightie!)
5. Fur- How could anyone kill a cute lil animal for fashion? Well, I mean, I'd pretty much do anything for fashion apart from this...I mean, pets are like, going to be such a style hit this summer! Tote a chic pet seagull around in a cute tropical tote bag. NEVER CARRY YOUR PETS IN RUCKSACKS THEY ARE NOT IN RIGHT NOW!!!
6. Cartoon characters (especially little kids' ones!) Puh-lease, they were a big hit a few years ao, and I had some myself, but I had to burn them when they went out of style yesterday! Elmo in particular...red and fuzzy is sooooo Autumn.
7. Wearing food; I know someone who did this...she's mad...and she like, wore a fruitcake...this should be illegal...well, it is under Chapter 14 Section 2 of The Style Police Handbook, but whatev. Should be illegal by every kind of police!
8. Too-short skirts...I told you this would be the season of cool gypsy skirts, so don't repeat last year and wear a mini! Many people say that if you don't correct yourself, history repearts itself. I am such a believer in this, personally! But mind you, minis WILL make a comeback on the 19th of July. So pack one just in case...
9. Smelly clothes- I mean, like that shirt in your laundry basket that would be in, but isn't 'cause it's smelly. STINKY IS OUT--LAVENDER FRESH IS IN!!
10. The color 'carrot purple'. It was in lasty season, and I was like, a total follower and slace to it. I set up a shrine in my room, and secretly still mourn the long-forgotten trend of CARROT PURPLE!!!!
**This is meant to be funny.