These fashion tips are for the fashion impared. At least read this through to find out if you know what and what not to wear.
Fashion. At times, it can be really confusing. So confusing, that often times people stop caring and make some truly horrendous outfits. I believe in wearing what you want, but it's not always a good thing. Here's some basic fashion tips to get you on the right track to looking good!
1. Basics- Everyone should have these items in their wardrobe:
*A pair of black pants
*At least one pair of cute jeans (not the bad, straightleg ones.)
*A pair of khaki pants- maybe corduroys?
*A Jean Jacket
*A Black Jacket
2. Color Coordinate- It is so important to color coordinate. Especially if you have a multicolored jacket or sweatshirt! Let's have a few examples. Let's say you have a grey and green striped shirt. Depending on what color looks best on you, go with a green jacket of the same green on the shirt, or go with a grey one in the same color grey. A jean jacket with a pair of jeans works with this, also.
3. Patterns- I can't stress this enough: STICK WITH ONE THEME. I see girls at my school who wear way too many patterns at once and it hurts my eyes! Just choose between prints and patterns- you can always wear the other one tomorrow. And make sure that you don't overdo it. A pair of cheetahprint jeans doesn't have to be accented by a cheetah print shirt and cheetahprint earrings. You know what I mean?
4. Fit- Make sure your shirts fit. If you're 14+, you may still be able to fit into the kids section, but they're starting to get a little too short on you. Try a small in the juniors section. They're longer and still the same fit as the kids shirts. There's also the matter of cleavage. Sure, most girls with cleavage like to show it off, but noone wants to see everything else while you're at it! There's nothing worng with it, just cover up your bra. Skirts, on the other hand... Look, ladies, we're not cheerleaders and underwear does not count as a spanky.
5. Comfort- It's important for fashion to be stylish as well as comfortable. If you don't feel comfortable in those "cool" pair of heels that "everyone" has, why not get a cute pair of flats that you'll feel comfortable in? Hot Topic has some really cute flats that beat out heels any day. But there is a difference between being comfortable and looking sloppy; i.e., loose-fitting clothes, baggy sweats, over-oversized sweatshirts...
*I do not mean for this article to offend anyone in any way, and I really hope this has clarified things for some people*
Thanks for reading!